From: Janos Blazi
Subject: Another Corman Lisp question
I have written a "program":

(defun start-function () (print "hallo world"))

and created an executable:

D:\usr\lisp>clconsole
;; Corman Lisp 2.0  Copyright (c) 2002 Roger Corman. All rights reserved.
;; Unlicensed version: For evaluation and personal use only.
;; Some limitations apply.
Type :quit to exit.
?(load "d:\\usr\\lisp\\cormantest.lisp")
1
?(save-application "d:\\usr\\lisp\\test" #'start-function :static t :console
t)
;; Creating application d:\usr\lisp\test.exe

When I start this program, it crashes and nothing is printed.
What is wrong?

TIA,
Janos Blazi

   http://www.newsfeed.com       The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
From: Roger Corman
Subject: Re: Another Corman Lisp question
On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 15:29:33 +0100, "Janos Blazi" <······@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have written a "program":
>
>(defun start-function () (print "hallo world"))
>
>and created an executable:

... stuff deleted

>When I start this program, it crashes and nothing is printed.
>What is wrong?

A function is not quite an application. There are still a couple of issues you
have to deal with. Corman Lisp console applications don't automatically quit
when the main function ends, because the input is coming on a separate thread
(which will stay active). The program is not crashing, it is just awaiting more
input. If you type :quit is will terminate.

Here is a complete hello world application:

(defun start-function ()
    (format t "Hello, world!~%")
    (force-output)
    (win:exitprocess 0))

For more info about console apps, look at the source to examples/touch.lisp,
which handles command line arguments, exceptions, etc.

Roger