From: Tim Bradshaw
Subject: Edinburgh AI dept / AIAI probably destroyed by fire
This is peripheral to Lisp, but as far as I can see the building at 80
South Bridge in Edinburgh which housed the AI department and AI
Applications Institute (AIAI) of Edinburgh University has been at
least badly damaged and probably completely destroyed by a fire over
the weekend.  The AI library seems to have been completely destroyed,
and if the inside of the building itself is gone, then really a lot of
irreplaceable stuff will have gone with it.  I worked there (in
computing support) on and off from 1989 to 1998.

--tim