From: Matthew Danish
Subject: [ANN] CL-SDL version 0.1.0
CL-SDL, a Common Lisp FFI to the SDL graphics library, and OpenGL.

Aims to be as portable as possible, fast, and flexible.  This is the
initial release of the new development tree which has been ported to
UFFI and cleaned up a great deal.  Much more of SDL and OpenGL is now
supported.  Many demos are included.

 http://cl-sdl.sourceforge.net/

Debian packages shortly available in unstable, and here:

 deb http://www.mapcar.org/~mrd/debs/ unstable/i386/
 deb-src http://www.mapcar.org/~mrd/debs/ unstable/source/

--
; Matthew Danish <·······@andrew.cmu.edu>
; Signed or encrypted mail welcome.
From: Kenny Tilton
Subject: Re: [ANN] CL-SDL version 0.1.0
Matthew Danish <·······@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote in message news:<····················@lain.cheme.cmu.edu>...
> CL-SDL, a Common Lisp FFI to the SDL graphics library, and OpenGL.
>
> Aims to be as portable as possible, fast, and flexible.  This is the
> initial release of the new development tree which has been ported to
> UFFI and cleaned up a great deal.  Much more of SDL and OpenGL is now
> supported.  Many demos are included.
>
>  http://cl-sdl.sourceforge.net/
>
> Debian packages shortly available in unstable, and here:
>
>  deb http://www.mapcar.org/~mrd/debs/ unstable/i386/
>  deb-src http://www.mapcar.org/~mrd/debs/ unstable/source/

I have been meaning to post a recommendation that folks look into
CL-SDL. It really got me over the hump on OpenGL and (with Matthew's
patient tutelage) UFFI and FFI issues in general. The one-window issue
slowed me down and then text-handling finished me off, but that is
just my particular requirements.

kt