From: Thomas Käufl
Subject: Macintosh Common Lisp for OS X
Hi,

Digitool offers the beta version of MCL for OS X. Has
anybody worked with this Lisp version already?

Thomas Kaeufl

From: Bob Burnham
Subject: Re: Macintosh Common Lisp for OS X
Thomas K�ufl <······@ira.uka.de> writes:

http://www.digitool.com/contact.html

Best regards,

Bob
--
Bob Burnham
········@dartmouth.edu
From: Thomas Käufl
Bob Burnham <················@dartmouth.edu> writes:

> The best source of information and discussion that
> I have found is the "Info-MCL Mailing List."
> http://www.digitool.com/contact.html

Thank you -- and the others who replied -- for the
answer. I did not know the mailing list.

But when asking a question like this one, Usenet
seems to offer the best forum. (At least as starting
point.)

Regards,
Thomas Kaeufl
From: Pascal Costanza
Thomas K�ufl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Digitool offers the beta version of MCL for OS X. Has
> anybody worked with this Lisp version already?
>
> Thomas Kaeufl

Yes, and I can recommend it.

Pascal

--
Pascal Costanza               University of Bonn
···············@web.de        Institute of Computer Science III
From: Friedrich Dominicus
Pascal Costanza <········@web.de> writes:

> Thomas K�ufl wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Digitool offers the beta version of MCL for OS X. Has
>
> > anybody worked with this Lisp version already?
> > Thomas Kaeufl
>

> Yes, and I can recommend it.
Well I used it too, I agree with a slight remark. there are quite
some places where I have thought "It's work in progress, not the final
stuff", things which makes me stumble a bit
Unix conventions for file-names are not implemented?
The message boxes don't look polished (to small margins etc)
the controls supported seem to me just the base line.
The documentation I use is still from 4.3.x I would appriciate an
update

Anyway it seems to be stable...

Regards
Friedrich