From: thelifter
Subject: Using Lush for a LISP GUI
Hello,

browsing the net I found lush:
http://lush.sourceforge.net/

The good thing is that it already comes with a GUI, and a lot more,
like interface to SDL, OpenGL, etc...

They GUI toolkit is called OGRE, and basically it is written in Lisp
and only uses a few graphical routines.
details at:
http://lush.sourceforge.net/lush-manual/410489f6.html#4

If those basic routines are translated to SDL, we would have a GUI for
Lisp with few effort.

To be honest, Ogre is not written in CL, but a Lisp dialect, but I
think it would be easy to translate.

Once the graphic routines and Ogre are translated we would have a
powerfull GUI which would run where SDL runs.

The disadvantage would be that it uses no native widgets.
The advantage is that the full power of the SDL would be available,
for doing graphics, OpenGL, games, animations, video, etc...

Just another suggestion...

From: thelifter
Subject: Re: Using Lush for a LISP GUI
From: Kenny Tilton
1. The more projects the better.

2. Ogre does multi-window and there /is/ a Lush-SDL binding..but! Is
there anyplace it says they manage to get SDL to work multiwindow?

--

  kenny tilton
  clinisys, inc