From: John S. Rodrigues
Subject: Looking for a free Common Lisp implementation
I am fooking for a free (preferrably open source) implemenation with the
following features :

1. Multi-threading / Multi-processing.
2. Connectivity to MySql.

I currently use CLISP, but it does not have these features. Are there
any add-ons for these features on CLISP?

Is there any other implementation which provides this "out of the box".

Thanks,
John.

From: Dave Bakhash
Subject: Re: Looking for a free Common Lisp implementation
"John S. Rodrigues" <········@airmail.net> writes:

> 1. Multi-threading / Multi-processing.
> 2. Connectivity to MySql.
>
> I currently use CLISP, but it does not have these features. Are there
> any add-ons for these features on CLISP?
>
> Is there any other implementation which provides this "out of the box".

try CMUCL.  I'm pretty sure that it supports these (though
out-of-the-box I can't be sure).

Oh...and it's the "most free" of all the CL implementations, AFAIK.

dave
From: Wojciech Sobczuk
Dave Bakhash wrote:
> "John S. Rodrigues" <········@airmail.net> writes:
>

>>1. Multi-threading / Multi-processing.
>>2. Connectivity to MySql.
>>
>>I currently use CLISP, but it does not have these features. Are there
>>any add-ons for these features on CLISP?
>>
>>Is there any other implementation which provides this "out of the box".
>

> try CMUCL.  I'm pretty sure that it supports these (though
> out-of-the-box I can't be sure).
>
> Oh...and it's the "most free" of all the CL implementations, AFAIK.
>
> dave

It does support multithreading (but only cooperative).  And for MySQL
connectivity (and other useful libraries) have a look at
http://ww.telent.net/cliki or http://www.lisp.org

Wojtek