From: Jame.Thu
Subject: Can lisp file be complied into executable file?
On windows or linux platform.

From: glauber
Subject: Re: Can lisp file be complied into executable file?
"Jame.Thu" <····@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn> wrote in message news:<·············@mail.cn99.com>...
> On windows or linux platform.

Yes. Use a Lisp compiler.
From: Marco Antoniotti
"Jame.Thu" <····@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn> writes:

> On windows or linux platform.

Yes. But you get a .exe (Windows) or an executable (Unix) in a way
that differs from what you'd do with C/C++.  Java .class files (which
are usually just byte-compiled) are a closer similar.  Check what your
implementation documentation tells you about this.

Cheers

715 Broadway 10th Floor                 fax  +1 - 212 - 995 4122
                    "Hello New York! We'll do what we can!"
                           Bill Murray in `Ghostbusters'.
From: synthespian
On Tue, 20 Aug 2002 11:57:54 -0300, Marco Antoniotti wrote:

> "Jame.Thu" <····@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn> writes:
>
>> On windows or linux platform.
>
> Yes. But you get a .exe (Windows) or an executable (Unix) in a way that
> differs from what you'd do with C/C++.  Java .class files (which are
> usually just byte-compiled) are a closer similar.  Check what your
> implementation documentation tells you about this.
>
> Cheers

Hi --
	He might want to check this page
http://users.actrix.gen.nz/mycroft/runlisp.html
in which the author specifically addresses this issue for CMUCL on
GNU/Linux.
	He says you have to load a special kernel module. Is this the standard
way? In this case, is that like the java .class or more like real
executables?
	Regs,

Micro$oft-Free Human         100% Debian GNU/Linux
     KMFMS              "Bring the genome to the people!
		···········@debian-rs.org
www.debian.org - www.debian-br.cipsga.org.br - www.debian-rs.org