From: bd
Subject: List tutorial
Could someone link me to a good online tutorial of basic to intermediate
LISP, please?
--
The cost of living is going up, and the chance of living is going down.

From: Rahul Jain
Subject: Re: List tutorial

http://www.lisp.org has links to at least a dozen of them.
also, http://ww.telent.net/cliki/ has some other resources.

--
-> -/                        - Rahul Jain -                        \- <-
-> -\  http://linux.rice.edu/~rahul -=-  ············@techie.com   /- <-
From: Adam Warner
Hi bd,

> Could someone link me to a good online tutorial of basic to intermediate
> LISP, please?

Here's an impressive interactive one that I recommend:
http://www.psychologie.uni-trier.de:8000/projects/ELM/elmart.html

Regards,
Adam
From: Matthew Danish
On Sun, Aug 18, 2002 at 01:21:05PM +1200, Adam Warner wrote:
> Hi bd,
>
> > Could someone link me to a good online tutorial of basic to intermediate
> > LISP, please?
>
> Here's an impressive interactive one that I recommend:
> http://www.psychologie.uni-trier.de:8000/projects/ELM/elmart.html

This is interesting, but it doesn't teach any modern concepts; reducing
Lisp to a "functional" symbol and list manipulation language.  At least
they admit that what they are teaching is a severely constrained
dialect.  A person who is interested in the practical use of the
language would be better off with a tutorial such as Successful Lisp [1]
or one found on CLiki [2] or ALU's web site [3].

[1] http://www.psg.com/~dlamkins/sl/cover.html
[2] http://ww.telent.net/cliki/index
[3] http://www.lisp.org/

--