From: Martin Thornquist
Subject: Re: Edsger W. Dijkstra
Ole-Johan Dahl passed away earlier this summer, Dijkstra last week,
and Kristen Nyg�rd this weekend. As someone recently said, soon we
will no longer be able to sit side by side with the giants on whose
shoulders we stand.

It has been a great priviledge to be able to meet some of those giants
in person.

Martin
--
"An ideal world is left as an exercise to the reader."
                                                 -Paul Graham, On Lisp

From: Steven E. Harris
> "An ideal world is left as an exercise to the reader."
>                                                  -Paul Graham, On Lisp

This is my favorite quote from On Lisp. I copied it down the moment I
read it.

--
Steven E. Harris        :: ········@raytheon.com
Raytheon                :: http://www.raytheon.com
From: Raymond Wiker
Steven E. Harris <········@raytheon.com> writes:

> > "An ideal world is left as an exercise to the reader."
> >                                                  -Paul Graham, On Lisp
>
> This is my favorite quote from On Lisp. I copied it down the moment I
> read it.

        It's worth noting that Genera has the following system commands:

Optimize World
Save World Complete

--
Raymond Wiker                        Mail:  ·············@fast.no