From: Robert Monfera
Subject: COM typelib with ACL
I am interested in obtaining the list of available properties and methods
for a COM object.  I found typelib-related functions in the ACL
documentation.  Does someone have experience with these functions?

Thanks,
Robert

From: Chris Double
Subject: Re: COM typelib with ACL
"Robert Monfera" <·······@fisec.com> writes:

> I am interested in obtaining the list of available properties and
> methods for a COM object.  I found typelib-related functions in the
> ACL documentation.  Does someone have experience with these
> functions?

I do, but not using ACL. See http://www.double.co.nz/cl for some
libraries using these functions for Corman Lisp.

What I do is get the typelib from the COM object and using the
interfaces generate the FFI wrappers. Looking at that code might help
you along a bit.

Feel free to email me if you have further questions.

Chris.
--
http://radio.weblogs.com/0102385
From: Robert Monfera
Thanks for the info, Chris.  Indeed you use the typelib for a similar
reason - automated retrieval.  Through some trial and error, I managed to
figure out how to use the exported COM functions in ACL.  If you or somebody
need some simple ACL examples, let me know.

Robert