From: Raymond de Lacaze
Subject: International Lisp Conference 2002

                    ASSOCIATION OF LISP USERS (ALU)

                INTERNATIONAL LISP CONFERENCE 2002

                                            (ILC 2002)

                   HOLIDAY INN - FINANCIAL DISTRICT

                          SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA

               SUNDAY, OCT. 27TH - THURSDAY, OCT. 31ST

                             CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

Due to many requests we have extended both the early registration and the
paper
submission dealine to August 17th.

I have received over 40 paper submissions (not including the invited
speakers)
and I thank you all for your participation.

This is going to be quite a unique and exciting conference!

NEW: Early Registration deadline:  August 17th, 2002
           Registration deadline:  September 31st, 2002
           Paper Submission deadline: August 17th, 2002

NEW: Competitions:

          1. Dynamic Languages RoboCup Simulation League Competition

          2. Chatterbot Competition

          Details will be announced *very* shortly!

Website: http://www.international-lisp-conference.org/

The Conference
------------------

The Asociation of Lisp Users (ALU) is proud to announce the International
Lisp
Conference 2002. The conference will take place at the Holiday Inn in San
Francisco's Financial District from October 27th through October 31st.

At the start of the 21st century we see the challenges ahead:
Applications will be more dynamic than ever and will be part of the fibers
of the
Web, software and hardware robots will be our assistants, and biology will
be
source of both computational problems and programming metaphors.
Applications
will be customized to individuals who happen upon them, our needs and
desires
will be served by artificial beings, and our software may more accurately
resemble a termite nest than Rube Goldberg inventions.

Will our mainstream concepts, approaches, and languages hold up?
Where might we turn for progress, inspiration, and technology? Was it
right in front of us all along? The International Lisp Conference
addresses these questions and more.

This four-day conference will bring together a mesh of brilliant minds
from  a diverse international community that involves or borders the
Lisp family of languages. The conference will be uniquely multi-themed in
nature, and each day will paint a different theme. The themes  are  Lisp
and Functional Languages, Web Applications, Robotics and BioInformatics.
We have already gathered an impressive list of distinguished speakers
from each of these communities that promise to deliver a captivating a
stimulating conference experience.

PROGRAM COMMITTEE

Jans Aasman, KPN Research
Richard Fateman, University of California at Berkeley
Tim Finin, University of Maryland - Baltimore Campus
Paul Graham, Yahoo Inc.
Kent M. Pitman, HyperMeta Inc.
Christian Quenneic, Laboratoire d'Informatique de Paris
Jeff Shrager, Stanford University
Nancy Reed, University of Hawaii
Alberto Riva, Harvard University
Hideto Tomabechi, Cognitive Research Laboratories Japan
Manuela M. Veloso, Carnegie-Mellon University
Jon L. White, CommerceOne Inc.

PAPER TOPICS

Lisp and Functional Languages:
   - LISP, CLOS & the MOP: Design & Dmplementation
   - Functional Languages: Design & Implementation
   - Comparative Language Analyses
   - Papers on Scheme, ML, Logo, Haskell, Smalltalk...

Web Applications
   - Intelligent Web Applcations
   - Lisp-based Server Applications
   - Languages for Web Applications
   - Next-generation Web Applications

Robotics & AI
   - Languages for Robotics
   - Software Agents & Robots
   - Robotic Applications
   - Lisp & AI

Bio Informatics
   - Lisp-based Bioinformatic systems
   - Languages for Bioinformatics
   - Computational Issues in Bioinformatics

PAPER SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

The paper submission dealine will be August 17th 2002. Papers
should be submitted in electronic form as a PostScript or pdf
file and should not exceed 12 pages in length. Accepted papers
will be presented at the conference and published in the
conference proceedings. Papers should be submitted in English.
Papers will be refereed according to normal conference standards.

All papers should be submitted electronically to the Conference Chairman,

Raymond de Lacaze
e-mail: ·······@hotmail.com

REGISTRATION

Registration information is available at:

http://www.international-lisp-conference.org/Overview/LC02-Registration.html

MORE INFORMATION

For more information, again, please visit the website:

http://www.international-lisp-conference.org/

or contact Raymond de Lacaze at ·······@hotmail.com