From: Paolo Amoroso
Subject: Re: Places for newbies to get stupid questions answered
On 09 Aug 2002 12:23:13 +0400, Aleksandr Skobelev <···········@list.ru>
wrote:

> Could you compare Stephen Slade's Object-oriented Common Lisp
> vs ANSI Common Lisp? Or just describe OOCL in a little more
> details? The most people in cll recommend ACL, but as I

I found Slade's book boring to death and I never finished reading it. It
has too many--possibly trivial--examples. Not enough meat for me--for some
hopefully meaningful value of "meat". Note that this is just my personal
opinion, and that the book may be valuable to others.

> recently found, OOCL is much more popular on www.amazon.com (with sales
> rank of 173,199 vs 33,166 for ACL).

The book description looked promising to me, that's why I bought it.

Paolo
http://www.paoloamoroso.it/ency/README