From: Paolo Amoroso
Subject: Re: Is there a LISP operating system?
On 8 Aug 2002 14:18:52 -0700, ·········@gmx.net (thelifter) wrote:

> If Lisp is so powerfull why don't we have a lisp operating system by now?

My troll-o-meter is going off scale.

Paolo
http://www.paoloamoroso.it/ency/README

From: Thomas F. Burdick
Paolo Amoroso <·······@mclink.it> writes:

> On 8 Aug 2002 14:18:52 -0700, ·········@gmx.net (thelifter) wrote:
>
> > If Lisp is so powerfull why don't we have a lisp operating system by now?
>
> My troll-o-meter is going off scale.

See, you really should upgrade to one of these new, fancy,
digital-readout models that use Lisp.  Unfortunately, on this post
mine kept running out of memory, I think it was consing a bignum.

--
           /|_     .-----------------------.
         ,'  .\  / | No to Imperialist war |
From: James A. Crippen
···@conquest.OCF.Berkeley.EDU (Thomas F. Burdick) writes:

> Paolo Amoroso <·······@mclink.it> writes:
>
>> On 8 Aug 2002 14:18:52 -0700, ·········@gmx.net (thelifter) wrote:
>>
>> > If Lisp is so powerfull why don't we have a lisp operating system by now?
>>
>> My troll-o-meter is going off scale.
>
> See, you really should upgrade to one of these new, fancy,
> digital-readout models that use Lisp.  Unfortunately, on this post
> mine kept running out of memory, I think it was consing a bignum.

Mine didn't run out of memory, but it did keep asking for more swap.
I kept giving it more and more swap, but eventually I ran out of disk
space, and it didn't like me trying to swap over the network.

I tried the Scheme version of the troll-o-meter but it kept recursing
into infinity on this, eventually choking with an error about running
out of continuation stack...

'james

--
James A. Crippen <·····@unlambda.com> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.20939N, -149.767W