From: Nirved
Subject: CLISP script plugin
Hello,
just finished a small project for dynamic interactive SVG creation.
1000 lines of crap. I'm quite pissed off with javascript.
But with SVG it looks so nice.
And the best language I came to is CommonLisp.
Why not use it instead of javascript?
Maybe someone was interested before and dig into this?
With Mozilla the things are easy: we have the source, everything is possible.
Unfortunately the SVG plugin crashes under linux+mozilla,
and crashes event faster in the windoze version.
Is it possible to append another spripting language to IE?
Thanks in advance for any pointers.

--
Nirved
From: Marc Battyani
Subject: Re: CLISP script plugin
[late reply!]

"Nirved" <··········@yahoo.com> wrote
> Hello,
> just finished a small project for dynamic interactive SVG creation.
> 1000 lines of crap. I'm quite pissed off with javascript.
> But with SVG it looks so nice.
> And the best language I came to is CommonLisp.
> Why not use it instead of javascript?
> Maybe someone was interested before and dig into this?
> With Mozilla the things are easy: we have the source, everything is
possible.
> Unfortunately the SVG plugin crashes under linux+mozilla,
> and crashes event faster in the windoze version.
> Is it possible to append another spripting language to IE?
> Thanks in advance for any pointers.

It's simple, you just have to implement it as a COM object. The doc is here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/script56/html/engines.asp

I'm not sure the amount of work is worthwhile though.

Marc