From: Charles Blair
Subject: mod_lisp and NetBSD
has anyone successfully compiled mod_lisp for NetBSD on Intel? if so,
would you mind dropping me a line? thanks.

--
Charles Blair					·······@uchicago.edu

From: Edi Weitz
Subject: Re: mod_lisp and NetBSD
Charles Blair <····@midway.uchicago.edu> writes:

> has anyone successfully compiled mod_lisp for NetBSD on Intel? if
> so, would you mind dropping me a line? thanks.

What did you try that didn't work? I'm not familiar with NetBSD but
from looking at the mod_lisp sources I'd guess it should compile and
work if you're having a working Apache installation.

Does your Apache have DSO support?
Did you try 'apxs -c -i -a mod_lisp.c'?

Edi.
From: Charles Blair
Edi Weitz <···@agharta.de> wrote:

: Does your Apache have DSO support?
: Did you try 'apxs -c -i -a mod_lisp.c'?

thanks. it turns out my problem was the result of a silly lapse in
concentration.

it appeared to me that mod_lisp would not compile for apache2, at
least not without some work (work/*/src/include in the latter is
missing a header file mod_lisp.c wants), so i compiled with apache1.3
header files, but then forgot to stop and deinstall 2, then install
and start 1.3. as a result, the server was (not surprisingly) having
trouble loading mod_lisp.

i would like to say that using the apxs command above very nicely
updates httpd.conf (with the exception of the SetHandler commands),
removing the need to do so manually, and so removing another potential
source of pain or confusion.
From: Marc Battyani
[Late reply!]

"Charles Blair" <····@nirvana.lib.uchicago.edu> wrote
> Edi Weitz <···@agharta.de> wrote:
>
> : Does your Apache have DSO support?
> : Did you try 'apxs -c -i -a mod_lisp.c'?
>
> thanks. it turns out my problem was the result of a silly lapse in
> concentration.
>
> it appeared to me that mod_lisp would not compile for apache2, at
> least not without some work (work/*/src/include in the latter is
> missing a header file mod_lisp.c wants), so i compiled with apache1.3
> header files, but then forgot to stop and deinstall 2, then install
> and start 1.3. as a result, the server was (not surprisingly) having
> trouble loading mod_lisp.
>
> i would like to say that using the apxs command above very nicely
> updates httpd.conf (with the exception of the SetHandler commands),
> removing the need to do so manually, and so removing another potential
> source of pain or confusion.

The current mod_lisp release works with Apache 1.3. The next one will be for
Apache 2, but probably only after the ILC02.

Marc