From: Manuel Giraud
Subject: [CLX] Properties
Hi, I'm actually hacking a bit with CLX. Does any one knows how to retrieve the
data of a X-Window property "formatted" accordingly to a type specifier ?

For example, I'd like to retrieve a text property in a string.

So far, I've tried the following:

* (xlib:change-property win :wm_name "foo" :wm_name 8)
* (xlib:get-property win :wm_name :result-type 'string) --> error

I also tried to coerce the result to a string: that leads to the same error as
above.

Any hints about how to do this kind of stuff ?

--
Maude: What do you do for recreation?
Dude: Oh, the usual. Bowl, drive around. The occasional acid

_Manuel Giraud_
From: Eric Marsden
Subject: Re: [CLX] Properties

  mg> Does any one knows how to retrieve the data of a X-Window
  mg> property "formatted" accordingly to a type specifier ?
  mg>
  mg> For example, I'd like to retrieve a text property in a string.
  mg>
  mg> So far, I've tried the following:
  mg>
  mg> * (xlib:change-property win :wm_name "foo" :wm_name 8)
  mg> * (xlib:get-property win :wm_name :result-type 'string) --> error

you can use something like

  (xlib:get-property win :cut_buffer0
        :type :string
        :result-type 'string