From: Vincent Petrie
Subject: any suggestion for a good book in LISP?
Thanks!

Vince

From: Fernando Rodr�guez
Subject: Re: any suggestion for a good book in LISP?
On Fri, 19 Apr 2002 00:13:51 -0500, "Vincent Petrie"
<··············@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Thanks!
>
>Vince

Ansi Common Lisp and On Lisp from Paul Graham
Paradigms of Artificial Intelligence Programming, Peter Norvig

Those are very good introductions.

-----------------------
Fernando Rodriguez
From: Rahul Jain
Fernando Rodr�guez <····@wanadoo.es> writes:

> Ansi Common Lisp and On Lisp from Paul Graham
> Paradigms of Artificial Intelligence Programming, Peter Norvig

> Those are very good introductions.

If you're looking for something simpler to get you started before
you're willing to commit money or if the library doesn't have a copy
and you don't want to wait for them to order it, try some of the
online tutorials linked from the ALU web site:

http://www.lisp.org/table/learn.htm#tutor

I usually recommend Successful Lisp, as it focuses on practical,
simple lisp programming rather than some of the more specialized
topics in other tutorials. It also seems to use a coding style that is
similar to the one I like to use. :)

The same page links to a much larger list of print books, too, with a
variety of topics and skill levels.

--
-> -/                        - Rahul Jain -                        \- <-
-> -\  http://linux.rice.edu/~rahul -=-  ············@techie.com   /- <-
From: synthespian
On Fri, 19 Apr 2002 05:09:32 -0300, Fernando Rodr�guez wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Apr 2002 00:13:51 -0500, "Vincent Petrie"
> <··············@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Thanks!
>>
>>Vince
>>

> Ansi Common Lisp and On Lisp from Paul Graham Paradigms of Artificial
> Intelligence Programming, Peter Norvig
>
> Those are very good introductions.

Hi-

	I disagree. Too hard for beginners (I should know, I'm one of them).
	Get the Succesful LISP on-line tutorial, it's very good, and it isn't
short. Another solid one is Touretzky's book. It will set the
foundations. You can download the PostScript or PDF from the internet.
	Then, go to Paul Graham's Common LISP. It's a bit up the ladder,
compared to the other two, if you know what I mean (though not much).
It's faster-paced. I suspect next you would want to go to On Lisp, but
I'm not there yet.
	I have Peter Norvig's book on my desk, but I just drool on it :-)

	Regs
	Henry
	···········@uol.com.br