From: Olivier Drolet
Subject: OpenCyc 0.6b is out!
Although the relationship with c.l.l. may seem tenuous, I felt
compelled to signal this important milestone. OpenCyc being an
AI-related project (D. Lenat, Cycorp...), and Lisp having been
occasionally used for AI ;-), I thought there might be interested
parties here beside me... Is anyone (who can afford to say so
publicly) using CL for ontological knowledge representation?

http://opencyc.org

Cheers,
Olivier

From: David E. Young
Subject: Re: OpenCyc 0.6b is out!
·······@mac.com (Olivier Drolet) wrote in message news:<···························@posting.google.com>...
> Although the relationship with c.l.l. may seem tenuous, I felt
> compelled to signal this important milestone. OpenCyc being an
> AI-related project (D. Lenat, Cycorp...), and Lisp having been
> occasionally used for AI ;-), I thought there might be interested
> parties here beside me... Is anyone (who can afford to say so
> publicly) using CL for ontological knowledge representation?

Don't know whether I can "afford" to say so or not, but...

Sure. I've done a fair amount of recent work using Loom 4.0.

David E. Young
······@bloodhoundinc.com
http://www.bloodhoundinc.com

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of liberty
 must undergo the fatigues of supporting it."
  -- Thomas Paine

"But all the world understands my language."
  -- Franz Joseph Haydn (1732-1809)
From: Larry Hunter
  Is anyone (who can afford to say so publicly) using CL for
  ontological knowledge representation?

We are building knowledgebase of molecular biology in (a frame system
written in) CL.

Larry

--

Lawrence Hunter, Ph.D.
Director, Center for Computational Pharmacology

phone  +1 303 315 1094           UCHSC, Campus Box C236
fax    +1 303 315 1098           School of Medicine rm 2817b
cell   +1 303 324 0355           4200 E. 9th Ave.
email: ············@uchsc.edu    Denver, CO 80262