From: Shahen
Subject: Re: LISP advice
Fellows,

    I recently purchased a book on ANSI common lisp, and was wondering if
there are any good interpreters/compilers with which to practice programming
in lisp in a win32 environment. If there are GNU/freeware versions of such
environements, I would appreciate any suggestions of what is best to obtain
and use. From what I have read this language is unlike anything I've seen
before- and I like what I see! :)

Shahen

From: Kent M Pitman

www.alu.org
From: Dr. Edmund Weitz
"Shahen" <················@hotmail.com> writes:

>     I recently purchased a book on ANSI common lisp, and was
> wondering if there are any good interpreters/compilers with which to
> practice programming in lisp in a win32 environment. If there are
> GNU/freeware versions of such environements, I would appreciate any
> suggestions of what is best to obtain and use. From what I have read
> this language is unlike anything I've seen before- and I like what I
> see! :)

<http://www-jcsu.jesus.cam.ac.uk/~csr21/lispfaq.html#AEN58>
<http://www-jcsu.jesus.cam.ac.uk/~csr21/lispfaq.html#AEN105>

Note that the commercial vendors usually offer free trial versions for
download which aren't "GNU/freeware" as you requested but are very
well suited to learn the language (which seems to be what you're
looking for). My personal recommendation would be to try Xanalys
LispWorks - it can be downloaded from
<http://www.xanalys.com/software_tools/downloads/lw-personal-edition.html>.

Edi.

--