From: Marc Spitzer
Subject: Is there an alternitive source of cmucl documentation?
Hello all,

I am trying to get access to the cmucl documentation and not having
much success.  Every place I have lookew(dejanews, www.lisp.org,
cons.org) at http://cvs2.cons.org:8000/something or
ftp2.cons.org/something and it seems to be down.  Is there somewhere
else that I can gain access to cmucl's docs on line.

Thank you

marc

From: Pierre R. Mai
····@oscar.eng.cv.net (Marc Spitzer) writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to get access to the cmucl documentation and not having
> much success.  Every place I have lookew(dejanews, www.lisp.org,
> cons.org) at http://cvs2.cons.org:8000/something or
> ftp2.cons.org/something and it seems to be down.  Is there somewhere
> else that I can gain access to cmucl's docs on line.

Yes, the unpacked documentation still needs to be restored to the new
machine that now is cvs2.cons.org.  In the meantime you should be able
to download the documentation package of the current (18c) release
from the download areas.  See the News section of the CMU CL website
(http://www.cons.org/cmucl/news/index.html) for a list of active
mirrors, or you can try either

http://cvs2.cons.org/ftp-area/cmucl/release/18c/cmucl-18c.documents.tgz

or

ftp://cvs2.cons.org/pub/lisp/cmucl/release/18c/cmucl-18c.documents.tgz

The whole machine down-time mess and its aftermath should be resolved
in the next couple of weeks.  We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regs, Pierre.

--
Pierre R. Mai <····@acm.org>                    http://www.pmsf.de/pmai/
 We cause accidents.                           -- Nathaniel Borenstein
From: Marc Spitzer
In article <··············@orion.bln.pmsf.de>, Pierre R. Mai wrote:
> ····@oscar.eng.cv.net (Marc Spitzer) writes:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I am trying to get access to the cmucl documentation and not having
>> much success.  Every place I have lookew(dejanews, www.lisp.org,
>> cons.org) at http://cvs2.cons.org:8000/something or
>> ftp2.cons.org/something and it seems to be down.  Is there somewhere
>> else that I can gain access to cmucl's docs on line.
>
> Yes, the unpacked documentation still needs to be restored to the new
> machine that now is cvs2.cons.org.  In the meantime you should be able
> to download the documentation package of the current (18c) release
> from the download areas.  See the News section of the CMU CL website
> (http://www.cons.org/cmucl/news/index.html) for a list of active
> mirrors, or you can try either
>
> http://cvs2.cons.org/ftp-area/cmucl/release/18c/cmucl-18c.documents.tgz
>
> or
>
> ftp://cvs2.cons.org/pub/lisp/cmucl/release/18c/cmucl-18c.documents.tgz
>
> The whole machine down-time mess and its aftermath should be resolved
> in the next couple of weeks.  We apologize for the inconvenience.
>
> Regs, Pierre.
>
> --
> Pierre R. Mai <····@acm.org>                    http://www.pmsf.de/pmai/
>  The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree,
>  is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals.
>  We cause accidents.                           -- Nathaniel Borenstein

There is absolutly no need to apologize, you(cmu team) provide a
valuable service that I do not have to pay for.  So please take your
time and get it done as soon as possible ;).  I have the other pointers,
thank you and to the people who sent me email.

marc
From: Paolo Amoroso
On Sun, 30 Sep 2001 21:06:32 GMT, ····@oscar.eng.cv.net (Marc Spitzer)
wrote:

> ftp2.cons.org/something and it seems to be down.  Is there somewhere
> else that I can gain access to cmucl's docs on line.

Since cvs2.cons.org is currently being reconfigured, if you are interested
in the EncyCMUCLopedia you may try the alternate site listed in my
signature below.

Paolo
http://web.mclink.it/amoroso/ency/README
[http://cvs2.cons.org:8000/cmucl/doc/EncyCMUCLopedia/]