From: Eduardo Muñoz
Subject: Lisp indentation in Emacs
There is any way to indent Common Lisp code like
this with Emacs?

(my-function-name   ; No trailing arg
    arg1            ; Indented four spaces
    arg2)
(my-other-function-name arg1   ; Arguments are aligned
                        arg2
                        arg3)

If (setq lisp-indent-offset 4) I get:

(my-function-name  ; This is Ok
    arg1
    arg2)
(my-other-function-name arg1   ; Bad
    arg2
    arg3)

Whith (setq lisp-indent-offset nil) the result is:

(my-function-name
 arg1                          ; Indented one space
 arg2)                         ; I want two or four

(my-other-function-name arg1   ; Ok
                        arg2
                        arg3)

I don't want to
(put 'my-function-name 'lisp-indent-function 'defun)
because I should do this for any new defined function.

TIA

--

Eduardo Mu�oz

From: James A. Crippen
Subject: Re: Lisp indentation in Emacs
"Eduardo Mu�oz" <···@jet.es> writes:

> There is any way to indent Common Lisp code like
> this with Emacs?

Hate to burst your bubble, but you're really asking in the wrong
newsgroup.  Depending on which flavor of Emacs you use, GNU Emacs or
XEmacs, you should ask in comp.emacs or comp.emacs.xemacs.

Granted, a lot of us Lispers use Emacs, but we're not Emacs wizards.
(Well, except for a few people.)

'james

--
James A. Crippen <·····@unlambda.com> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.2069 N, 149.766 W,
From: Eduardo Muñoz
·····@unlambda.com (James A. Crippen) writes:

> Hate to burst your bubble, but you're really asking in the wrong
> newsgroup.

This message has been cross-posted to comp.emacs .

> Granted, a lot of us Lispers use Emacs, but we're not Emacs wizards.
> (Well, except for a few people.)

But I feel that the message is on-topic (Common
Lisp related) and perhaps some of those Emacs
wizards don't read comp.emacs .

--

Eduardo Mu�oz