From: Kevin Layer
Subject: some new things on http://opensource.franz.com
I'd like to announce some new opensource offerings on
http://opensource.franz.com, that have been in the works for some time:

The first two are Windows specific, but the last two are not platform
dependent.

http://opensource.franz.com/nfs/index.html

   An NFS server for Windows.  Our network manager, who had dabbled
   only a little in Lisp before authoring this, wrote it in a couple
   of weeks.  We had previously used an off-the-shelf NFS server for
   Windows, but were very unhappy with it--we had wasted lots of time
   fiddling with it and Windows (NT, then 2000), probably more than it
   took to implement it in Lisp.  The performance of this Lisp version
   in serving large numbers of small and medium size files is better
   than the version we used before (which we assume was written in C).

   I use this server on a daily basis.  It rocks, completely.

http://opensource.franz.com/ntservice/index.html

   Allows creation of an NT service out of a Lisp app.  Used by the
   NFS server above.

http://opensource.franz.com/ans/index.html

   A CL-based DNS server.  (ACL already comes with a DNS client.)

http://opensource.franz.com/uri/index.html

   ACL's URI implementation, including test suite.

Of course, there are other opensource projects on the main page,
http://opensource.franz.com, but I just wanted to point out the above
new projects.

There is a new, informal community support and development mailing
list, ··········@franz.com, for discussing these open source
projects. We encourage you to take advantage by subscribing to the
list (by going to http://opensource.franz.com/mailinglist.html).
Only subscribers can post, an anti-spam measure.