From: akhar
Subject: multiplatform?
I am kinda new to lisp and have been using it under unix. but I have a
project which requires my binaries to work under both mac and windows how do
I compile for those platforms with either CMUCL or CLisp or any other? plus
I need database access to mysql how do I do it while keeping it
cross-platform?

Regards
Stephane

From: Jochen Schmidt
Subject: Re: multiplatform?
akhar wrote:

> I am kinda new to lisp and have been using it under unix. but I have a
> project which requires my binaries to work under both mac and windows how
> do I compile for those platforms with either CMUCL or CLisp or any other?
> plus I need database access to mysql how do I do it while keeping it
> cross-platform?

You may need two different Lispsystems to support Windows _and_ Mac.
AFAIK MacOS X is supported under CLISP so that would be a free option.

The other option under MacOS is MCL which is commercial - Pricing
Information is available on http://www.digitool.com/purchase.html .

For Windows you can choose from Franz Inc. AllegroCL, Corman Lisp and
Xanalys LispWorks. For AllegroCL you have to contact Franz Inc.
(www.franz.com) to get pricing information. Corman Lisp is available from
www.corman.net (with pricing info). Xanalys LispWorks is available from
www.xanalys.com (with pricing info).

For AllegroCL, CormanLisp, CMUCL, LispWorks and MCL you can use Paul Meurers
SQL-ODBC to contact ODBC Databases (including MySQL).
AFAIK SQL-ODBC does not support CLISP yet. There is a Postgres binding for
CLISP but I know of no ODBC or at least MySQL binding.

ciao,
Jochen

--
http://www.dataheaven.de
From: Doug Alcorn
"akhar" <·····@videotron.ca> writes:

> plus I need database access to mysql how do I do it while keeping it
> cross-platform?

http://ww.telent.net/cliki/Database

I think UncommonSQL (http://alpha.onshored.com/lisp-software/) is
portable across multiple implementations.
--
 (__) Doug Alcorn (···········@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543