From: Software Scavenger
Subject: Franz ftp
I can't access ftp://ftp.franz.com and I'm wondering whether the
problem is at my end or theirs.  I wanted to download their
documentation for ACL 6.

From: Kevin Layer
Subject: Re: Franz ftp
··········@mailandnews.com (Software Scavenger) writes:

> I can't access ftp://ftp.franz.com and I'm wondering whether the
> problem is at my end or theirs.  I wanted to download their
> documentation for ACL 6.

It appears the problem is on our end.  Hopefully fixed soon.
From: Kevin Layer
Kevin Layer <·····@--you-know-what-to-remove--.franz.com> writes:

> ··········@mailandnews.com (Software Scavenger) writes:
>
> > I can't access ftp://ftp.franz.com and I'm wondering whether the
> > problem is at my end or theirs.  I wanted to download their
> > documentation for ACL 6.
>
> It appears the problem is on our end.  Hopefully fixed soon.

It's now fixed.
From: Software Scavenger
Subject: Franz F1 key for documenation (was Re: Franz ftp)
Kevin Layer <·····@--you-know-what-to-remove--.franz.com> wrote in message news:<··············@news.franz.com>...

[temporary ftp site problem]
> It's now fixed.

Thanks.  I downloaded the documentation.  Now I have one question
about it.  When I use F1 for help in Trial Version 6.0 [Windows], it
goes to the documentation on the Franz website.  How do I reconfigure
it to use the documentation on my PC?  It doesn't seem to mention that
in the readme file.
From: Rene de Visser
Subject: Re: Franz F1 key for documenation (was Re: Franz ftp)
Did you find out how to get it to use the documentation on the PC?

I also have this problem.

Rene.

·································@posting.google.com...

From: Software Scavenger
"Rene de Visser" <··············@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<···············@news.t-online.com>...
> Did you find out how to get it to use the documentation on the PC?

Not yet.

Does anyone reading this know how to make Franz Allegro CL use the
documentation on the PC instead of going to the Franz website when you
use the F1 key for help?
From: Karsten
Works fine on my instalation

I think I only copied the doc in the right directories.
With ACL beeing in C:\programs\ACL60
the entry for defun f.e. is in C:\programs\ACL60\ansicl\dictentr\defun.htm

Karsten