From: Coby Beck
Subject: Re: Error. I'm not sure what to do.
"Hank B." <······@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
·································@posting.google.com...
> Here is the error:
>
> *** - READ: input stream #<STRING-CHAR-FILE-STREAM #"interface.lsp">
> ends within an object
>
> Here is the code:

[snip]

> (defun choosePit (                  ;;prompt user to enter a pit
>             (let ((chosenPit -1))

here: where are the arguements for chosePit?  If there are none you still need
an empty list:
(defun choosePit ()
     (let ....))

> (print (choosePit) )
> (setq Board (spread Board chosenPit))  ;;call spread function;
> distribute stones
> (showgame (Board))
> (isWin (Board))      ;;check if there's a winner

is Board a function?  Because by putting parens around it you are calling a
function Board with no arguments.

>      ;;end of player 1's turn
>
> ;; computer's move here
> (setq Board (spread Board (bestFirstSearch Board))) ;;call best first
> search
> (setq Board (spread Board chosenPit))  ;;call spread function

while I commend your instinct to use alot of comments, merely stating that you
are calling something does not shed much light on your code!

> (showgame (Board))
> (isWin (Board))      ;;check if there's a winner
> (choosePit (chosenPit))              ;;call original function
>      ;;player 1's turn again

Check out the way cbbrowne formatted your code and try to do that yourself.  It
makes it much easier to see the structure of your code and often the
indentation reveals missing parens for you (if you are using an editor that
indents your code automatically)

Coby
--
(remove #\space "coby . beck @ opentechgroup . com")