From: ······@worldnet.att.net
Subject: becky
Hiya Sweetie,

So, it's been a decent weekend so far for me.  It was somewhat
disappointing having the small group meeting called off, but the host
had a family emergency.  We did have practice yesterday morning.  We
learned a new song, "Consuming Fire", which is by an apparently
well-known group, Third Day.  Chris said he was going to bring a
recording, but he didn't, so I don't know how authentic our version is.
It does rock, though. :-)  I spent quite a bit of time playing
yesterday, which was nice.  Watched some baseball, which had a favorable
result.  Had a bit of a nap.  Spent some time listening to music.  I
started learning another John Hiatt song. :-)  "Come Home to You"

There's a meanness inside and it shudders my bones
That's the thing about mercy I guess
There's no man so wicked he cannot come home
Nor so good he passes each test

As the fires of memories burn me
The grace of your love returns me
To this most travelled of highways
Where I'd do anything just to come home to you.

I like that part best of all.  I don't think he was writing about God,
but one could certainly take it that way.

It seems like forever since I've talked with you.  I really miss it.

Love,
Your H.
--
Howard Ding
······@worldnet.att.net

From: Will Deakin
Subject: Re: becky
······@worldnet.att.net wrote:

> Hiya Sweetie,

Hi!

[...elided anti-flame...]

Thank you for this. If only more posting on c.l.l. could be like this
and that more people felt the same about lisp. However, although
familiar with the python, allegro and clisp, I am yet to be aquainted
with BECKY? Is it available for download on sourceforge? And is it
YALOREP?

Best Regards,

:)w
From: ······@worldnet.att.net
Sorry about that.  I hoped I managed to cancel the original article
before it got out too much.  I have this thing where I forget
occasionally that if I'm reading newsgroups in Netscape 4.7 and I want
to send an email, I have to go back to a mail folder and hit new message
rather than hit new message directly from the reader while it's on a
newsgroup.  Thus my somewhat embarassing but hopefully mostly harmless
mistake. :-)

Howard
From: Richard Krush
······@worldnet.att.net wrote:
> Sorry about that.  I hoped I managed to cancel the original article
> before it got out too much.  I have this thing where I forget
> occasionally that if I'm reading newsgroups in Netscape 4.7 and I want
> to send an email, I have to go back to a mail folder and hit new message
> rather than hit new message directly from the reader while it's on a
> newsgroup.  Thus my somewhat embarassing but hopefully mostly harmless
> mistake. :-)

That's why I like to have two different applications for email and usenet
:)

--
 Richard Krushelnitskiy   "I know not with what weapons World War III will
 ·········@gmx.net         be fought, but World War IV will be fought with
From: Will Deakin
······@worldnet.att.net wrote:

> Sorry about that.

Why be sorry? It cheered a jaded sysadmin on a grey northern european
afternoon.

> Thus my somewhat embarassing but hopefully mostly harmless
> mistake. :-)

Please, I thought it was a charming antidote to some of the heated
invective that appears on this group.

:)w
From: ······@worldnet.att.net
Well, I can't take myself so seriously that I'm sorry to have provided
you with a bit of a lift. :-)

Now back to our regular Lisp programming. :-)

Howard