From: Erik Naggum
Subject: Re: Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Encyclopedia
* Dorai Sitaram
| It really wouldn't be fair to the other CS entries, which I'm sure didn't
| make it in via special pleading.

  Well, the other CS entries _were_ written by people who were quite up to
  date on the topics they wrote about.

///
--
  Norway is now run by a priest from the fundamentalist Christian People's
  Party, the fifth largest party representing one eighth of the electorate.

From: Coby Beck
> * Dorai Sitaram
> | It really wouldn't be fair to the other CS entries, which I'm sure didn't
> | make it in via special pleading.

I don't really see what "fair" has to do with anything.  An encyclopedia is
about being as accurate as it can, not being evenly misinformed.  If any other
entry is similarily inaccurate it should be corrected as well.

Coby
--
(remove #\space "coby . beck @ opentechgroup . com")
From: Barry Margolin
In article <························@typhoon.tampabay.rr.com>,
Coby Beck <·····@mercury.bc.ca> wrote:

>> * Dorai Sitaram
>> | It really wouldn't be fair to the other CS entries, which I'm sure didn't
>> | make it in via special pleading.
>
>I don't really see what "fair" has to do with anything.  An encyclopedia is
>about being as accurate as it can, not being evenly misinformed.  If any other
>entry is similarily inaccurate it should be corrected as well.

Someone posted the entries for Java and C++.  They seemed to be much less
opinionated than the one for Lisp.

--
Barry Margolin, ······@genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA