From: ···············@notam.uio.no
Subject: CL image manipulation
Im looking for links, references etc to Common-Lisp based
image-manipulation tools.

Tools for reading/writing image-files (of various
graphic-formats), drawing, filtering, manipulation of all kinds.
Id like to control it through lisp-code, from lisp-files or from
a lisp-listener.

Id like to have this running in a Common-Lisp application
together with other tools (amongst them sound-processing,
composition and music-notation) and a web-server.

Anders Vinjar

From: Christopher Stacy
Subject: Re: CL image manipulation
 andersvi> Im looking for links, references etc to Common-Lisp based
 andersvi> image-manipulation tools.
 andersvi> Tools for reading/writing image-files (of various graphic-formats),
 andersvi> drawing, filtering, manipulation of all kinds.

Symbolics had extensive Lisp software for doing these things,
and lots more, (as part of their "S-Products" suite.)

(S-Products was the major player in graphics and animation before
those kinds of graphics were available on PCs or ordinary workstations.
The customers were high-end post/production facilities in New York
and Hollywood.  Special effects, all those graphics and animated logos
and stuff for the television and cable networks and the Gulf War, etc.
Shortly thereafter, while graphics was becoming mainstream, Symbolics
was going out of business, and I think the S-Products and graphics
software was probably sold off to other companies.)

So I don't know whatever became of all that stuff, whether it got
converted from older Common Lisp dialects to ANSI Common Lisp,
if it is available anymore, abandonded years ago, or what.
Perhaps whoever owns it now could make it available in today's world,
assuming it's not just lost forever.
From: Carl Shapiro
Christopher Stacy <······@spacy.Boston.MA.US> writes:

> So I don't know whatever became of all that stuff, whether it got
> converted from older Common Lisp dialects to ANSI Common Lisp,
> if it is available anymore, abandonded years ago, or what.
> Perhaps whoever owns it now could make it available in today's world,
> assuming it's not just lost forever.

The S-Products became N-World, then Mirai (which I think means future
in Japanese).

http://www.izware.com/

I don't suppose anyone out there knows why S-Products never made it
past Genera 8.1?