From: Maurizio Ferreira
Subject: Is this a bug ?
I'm trying the following expression in Corman Lisp 1.5,
typing it directly in the lisp worksheet

'(foo bar)

(note the initial quote)
the lisp worksheet complains with an error message :

An error occurred in function #< COMPILED-FUNCTION: #xFA9A70 >:
Error: The variable BAR is unbound

shouldn't it return the list (foo bar) ?
instead
(quote (foo bar))
works ok

Any thought ?
From: Michael Hudson
Subject: Re: Is this a bug ?
········@selesta.it (Maurizio Ferreira) writes:

> I'm trying the following expression in Corman Lisp 1.5,
> typing it directly in the lisp worksheet
>
> '(foo bar)
>
> (note the initial quote)
> the lisp worksheet complains with an error message :
>
> An error occurred in function #< COMPILED-FUNCTION: #xFA9A70 >:
> Error: The variable BAR is unbound
>
> shouldn't it return the list (foo bar) ?
> instead
> (quote (foo bar))
> works ok
>
> Any thought ?

Yeah, I think it's the way the top-level works, i.e. when you type

'(foo bar)

and hit enter, Corman Lisp is only going back one form to see what to
evaluate and so evaluating

(foo bar)

hence the error.  If you hilight all of the line and hit enter, it
behaves as expected.

Not a "real" problem, IOW.

Cheers,
M.

--
  It *is*, however, rather juvenile, in contravention of the
  Trades Descriptions Act, and will lead eventually to the Dragon