From: Kaveh Kardan
Subject: Symbolics keyboard bindings
Greetings,

Can someone tell me what the various esoteric keys on a Symbolics Lisp Machine did?

Eg. Square, Triangle, Network, etc.

Thanks,

Kaveh

From: Carl Shapiro
Subject: Re: Symbolics keyboard bindings
·····@squareusa.com (Kaveh Kardan) writes:

> Eg. Square, Triangle, Network, etc.

For the most part "Pinhead", "Blockhead", and "Bubblehead" were left
for the user to program.  I seem to recall that some Genera layered
product may have made use of them by default in some way.
From: Scott McKay
"Carl Shapiro" <········@panix.com> wrote in message
····················@panix3.panix.com...
> ·····@squareusa.com (Kaveh Kardan) writes:
>
> > Eg. Square, Triangle, Network, etc.
>
> For the most part "Pinhead", "Blockhead", and "Bubblehead" were left
> for the user to program.  I seem to recall that some Genera layered
> product may have made use of them by default in some way.

The Genera "make" facility, disingenuously called the "System
Construction Tool" ("SCT") is actually named after the Square,
Circle, and Triangle keys.  It took a while before anybody
caught me out on that one...
From: Christopher Stacy
 >> For the most part "Pinhead", "Blockhead", and "Bubblehead"

That's "Conehead".
From: Rainer Joswig
·····@squareusa.com (Kaveh Kardan) wrote in message news:<···························@posting.google.com>...
> Greetings,
>
> Can someone tell me what the various esoteric keys on a Symbolics Lisp Machine did?
>
> Eg. Square, Triangle, Network, etc.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kaveh

FUNCTION : prefix for a multitude of display related commands
REFRESH : screen/window refresh
SQUARE, CIRCLE, TRIANGLE : user defined
SUSPEND : force process into break loop or debugger
RESUME : usually continue from a break or debugger
ABORT : usually restarts innermost command loop
COMPLETE : input completion
END : End of Input
Network: prefix for commands in the Terminal program
SELECT : prefix to switch between programs
MODE LOCK : used for debugging purposes
SYMBOL : modifier to input special characters
HYPER : user defined modifier

and more...

You can get a good overview in the "Genera 8.0 Reference Cards".