From: Melissa McQueen
Subject: Which Free Lisp
Does anyone know which lisp is best out of LispWorks, CormanLisp or
Fanz's Allegro CL 6.0? I just need a compiler at home to run basic lisp
programs on Windows 2000 for a college level Common Lisp course. Any
advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Melissa

From: Vebjorn Ljosa
Subject: Re: Which Free Lisp
* Melissa McQueen <·······@mail.utexas.edu>
| Does anyone know which lisp is best out of LispWorks, CormanLisp or
| Fanz's Allegro CL 6.0? I just need a compiler at home to run basic lisp
| programs on Windows 2000 for a college level Common Lisp course. Any
| advice would be appreciated.

Any of them will do for that purpose.  Try them all and see which one
you like the best.

--
Vebjorn Ljosa
From: Karsten Poeck
Both LispWorks and Allegro CL are brilliant even in the free editions.

LispWorks has a limit on the session (< x hours) x = 4?
ACL has a license that must be renewed every 60 days (no questions asked,
just renew)
Both have a limited heap size although I only managed to reach it by
compiling cl-http in LW.

CormanLisp has a 30 days evaluation period, after that you should register.
Clisp works fine, if you use it from Emacs otherwise it is really hard to
use.

Karsten