From: Frank Sonnemans
Subject: Importiing typelib in lispworks using defsystem on win32
For some ole automation in lispworks I need to import a type library. This
should be possible with the defsystem macro. Does anyone know how to do
this? (example import?)

Regards,

Frank

From: Marco Antoniotti
"Frank Sonnemans" <···············@euronet.be> writes:

> For some ole automation in lispworks I need to import a type
> library.

What is "a typelib" library?

> This
> should be possible with the defsystem macro. Does anyone know how to do
> this? (example import?)

Which desfsystem macro?

Cheers

719 Broadway 12th Floor                 fax  +1 - 212 - 995 4122
                    "Hello New York! We'll do what we can!"
                           Bill Murray in `Ghostbusters'.
From: Reini Urban
Frank Sonnemans wrote:
>For some ole automation in lispworks I need to import a type library. This
>should be possible with the defsystem macro. Does anyone know how to do
>this? (example import?)

sorry, this only works on Visual Lisp for AutoCAD so far. => functions
and constants. no events, no object hierarchy.

For corman lisp there something in the works to create CLOS objects on
my site. The importing of functions and constants is doable now.

For ACL there's no typelib loader but you can start with code similarly
to corman lisp and the FFI. Do you want CLOS objects or just the
function pointers and constants? you can do that with the FFI alone.

For xanalys lispworks lisp there's no OLE automation support at all.
which version? maybe I missed it. the online docs for lw 4.1 note
nothing for ole support. 4.1.20 is the latest.

DEFSYSTEM is a completely different kind of beast. see
http://www.xanalys.com/software_tools/reference/lwl41/lwuser/LWUG_112.HTM
It is essentially a better MAKE facility.
--
Reini Urban
http://tv.mur.at/film/
From: Frank Sonnemans
xanalys support stated that importing OLE type libraries was possible using
Defsystem. I could not find any
documentation describing this functionality, that's why I posted my
question. Basically I like to do some ole automation in lisp. I got things
to work in ACL, but the cost of a license allowing redistribution of my
simple application are to high to justify on my project.

I disregarded Corman lisp due to the lack of gue building tools. So for now
I decided to use Dolphin Smalltalk (my other preferred language) which fully
supports the win32 platform and is very affordable.

Regards,

Frank