From: Dave Bakhash
Subject: quick contract job: sexp parser in Java
Hey,

Check out:

http://typehack.aial.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/VFlib/src-browse/VFlib3-3.6.7/HTML/S/src%20sexp.c.html#57

I really like this version of a C-based sexp parser.  However, I'd like
to have it in Java, and want the Java version to take advantage of
Java features (e.g. maybe some nice exceptions), but I want it fast, and
efficient.

The implementation is right there, though in C.  I'm looking for someone
to port it to Java, which I think won't be very hard at all.  I want to
have something by the next day or so, and will pay a flat fee for the
work.

The work will go under the LGPL, and will be re-usable by the
community.

Please email me if interested.

dave

From: Jim White
Subject: Re: quick contract job: sexp parser in Java
"Dave Bakhash" <·····@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message
····················@nerd-xing.mit.edu...

http://typehack.aial.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/VFlib/src-browse/VFlib3-3.6.7/HTML/S/
src%20sexp.c.html#57

> I really like this version of a C-based sexp parser.  However, I'd like
> to have it in Java, and want the Java version to take advantage of
> Java features (e.g. maybe some nice exceptions), but I want it fast, and
> efficient.

Reading sexprs is the smallest of its features as it is a full Scheme
implementation, but you can do that in Java with Kawa, the Java-based
Scheme:

http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/

jim
--
;;; Try Kawa, the Java-based Scheme system.
;;; http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/
From: Dave Bakhash
"Jim White" <···@pagesmiths.com> writes:

> http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/

I'd done an extensive search before posting, and explored all the
options I found on Google.  So again, the opportunity is still here.  If
there are any Java guys that think they can piece together all the other
resources out there, including a current java-based sexp parser with a
different interface I have.  But I want this one to have the same API as
the C one.  It's actually pretty straight-forward for anyone who knows
Java.

Also, though I'm willing to pay, it's going LGPL.

dave