From: Dr. Edmund Weitz
Subject: ILISP and ECLS
Has anybody succeeded in using ECLS 0.5
<http://ecls.sourceforget.net/> with ILISP? If I'm trying to start
ECLS as my inferior Lisp, it tries to load the ILISP init files which
results in two ECLS messages of the form

  #<a FILE-ERROR>
  Broken at LOAD.

Afterwards Emacs hangs completely and has to be killed. This happens
with Emacs 20.7 as well as with 21.1. It happens on the console and
under X and with two different Linux installations. ILISP is 5.11 in
all cases.

I can load the init files directly into ECLS (started from a terminal)
without problems. I can also start ECLS and load the init files from a
shell buffer in Emacs.

I tried to debug the problem but I have to admit I didn't come very
far yet. I think it could be a comint problem, though.

Thanks for your help,
Edi.