From: Lorance Stinson
Subject: CL Virtual Server
I have been thinking about the thread "common lisp on a virtual server" and
have talked to my boss about offering such a service. I have a few ideas
and could set a system up with the explicit purpose of providing virtual
web serving for CL. If enough people have interest in this me and my boss
will move ahead with it. I estimate about a week to get a server up and
configured.

My thoughts are:
Starting price of $30 US to $50 US depending on needs and negotiable. CMU
CL 18C and aditionally any other version requested/required. Portable
AllegroServe accessible through an Apache front end using mod_proxy. This
would allow each client to have their own Lisp image and web server and
still access all of them on port 80, and to support virtual domains for
those what want/need them. Strict security would be enforced. Including,
but not limited to, SSH and port 80 access only, NO outbound traffic at all
(Must protect myself!) and regular log checks. A negotiable amount of disk
space with quotas would be provided with daily backups. Email would be
available on request.

If any one is interested or has ideas/suggestions/requests please let me
know. I am motivated primarily to support and help the CL community, but my
company needs to make money to provide the service.

--
Lorance Stinson <·······@worldpbx.com> http://www.worldpbx.com/
Codito, Ergo Sum (I Code, therefore I am)