From: Software Scavenger
Subject: Lispworks editor
When using the Lispworks editor, if you want to look at the output
window, you click the output tab of the editor.  My question is how do
you go there with keystrokes intead of using the mouse?

From: Coby Beck
Subject: Re: Lispworks editor
"Software Scavenger" <··········@mailandnews.com> wrote in message
·································@posting.google.com...
> When using the Lispworks editor, if you want to look at the output
> window, you click the output tab of the editor.  My question is how do
> you go there with keystrokes intead of using the mouse?

I would like to know this as well.  But a work-around I sometimes use is to
open the seperate "Output Browser" window and then use whatever OS keyboard
shortcuts you may have to switch between windows.  ie Alt+Tab in MS Windows.

Coby
--
(remove #\space "coby . beck @ opentechgroup . com")
From: Fernando Rodr�guez
On Sun, 25 Nov 2001 18:45:33 GMT, "Coby Beck" <·····@mercury.bc.ca> wrote:

>"Software Scavenger" <··········@mailandnews.com> wrote in message
>·································@posting.google.com...
>> When using the Lispworks editor, if you want to look at the output
>> window, you click the output tab of the editor.  My question is how do
>> you go there with keystrokes intead of using the mouse?
>>

>I would like to know this as well.  But a work-around I sometimes use is to
>open the seperate "Output Browser" window and then use whatever OS keyboard
>shortcuts you may have to switch between windows.  ie Alt+Tab in MS Windows.

Another possibility is using 'autoit', if you're using windows.

--
Fernando Rodr�guez
frr at wanadoo dot es
From: Coby Beck
"Fernando Rodr�guez" <·······@must.die> wrote in message
·······································@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 25 Nov 2001 18:45:33 GMT, "Coby Beck" <·····@mercury.bc.ca> wrote:
>

> >"Software Scavenger" <··········@mailandnews.com> wrote in message
> >·································@posting.google.com...
> >> When using the Lispworks editor, if you want to look at the output
> >> window, you click the output tab of the editor.  My question is how do
> >> you go there with keystrokes intead of using the mouse?
> >>

> >I would like to know this as well.  But a work-around I sometimes use is to
> >open the seperate "Output Browser" window and then use whatever OS keyboard
> >shortcuts you may have to switch between windows.  ie Alt+Tab in MS Windows.
>
> Another possibility is using 'autoit', if you're using windows.

What is this and what does it do?

From: Fernando Rodr�guez
On Sun, 25 Nov 2001 22:40:00 GMT, "Coby Beck" <·····@mercury.bc.ca> wrote:

>> Another possibility is using 'autoit', if you're using windows.
>>

>What is this and what does it do?

From their webpage: AutoIt is a simple tool that can simulate key presses,
mouse movements and window commands (maximize, minimize, wait for, etc.) in
order to automate any windows based task (or even windowed DOS tasks).

http://www.hiddensoft.com/AutoIt/

I never tried though...

--
Fernando Rodr�guez
frr at wanadoo dot es
From: Paul Tarvydas
From: Clive Tong
··········@mailandnews.com (Software Scavenger) writes:

> When using the Lispworks editor, if you want to look at the output
> window, you click the output tab of the editor.  My question is how do
> you go there with keystrokes intead of using the mouse?

The capi function capi:map-typeout is doing the work, so you could try
something like

(editor:defcommand "Switch to typeout" (x) "" ""
  (capi:map-typeout
    (editor:window-text-pane
      (editor:current-window))))

and then bind that to some keystrokes.
From: Simon Katz
"Software Scavenger" <··········@mailandnews.com> wrote in message
·································@posting.google.com...
> When using the Lispworks editor, if you want to look at the output
> window, you click the output tab of the editor.  My question is how
do
> you go there with keystrokes intead of using the mouse?

I don't know how to do this.

But, in LW for Windows at least, you can gain access to a window's
menu commands by pressing and releasing the ALT key. So to bring up a
separate "Output Browser" window use the following key sequence:
ALT then W then T then O.

You can close the current active window (which will be the Output
Browser if you've just performed the above keystrokes) with:
ALT then W then E then W.
From: Simon Katz