From: Jeff Greif
Subject: CL-http porting guidelines
1.  Has anyone attempted to port CL-Http to Corman Lisp, and if so, how
close to completion is the port?
2.  Is there any documentation of what generally turns out to be
platform-specific?
3.  Do people just take the platform-specific code for one platform and
move it to the new platform, or is there a list somewhere of the things
missing from the portable part of the implementation that must be
implemented on every platform?

Jeff

From: Karsten Poeck
Subject: Re: CL-http porting guidelines
Hello,

As a first suggestion, I think there is allergroserve port by Chris D. for
Corman, might be way easier to use this.

Regarding cl-http
If you look at the load-files for the different platforms it is pretty easy
to see what is platform-dependent and what is not.
in the ACL port it is mainly the file unix.lisp

Regarding porting the platform dependent part, I recommend the following:
- Ignore the defsystem stuff, do simple loads
- Don't use the clim-sys package
- Start by getting work with String-Streams emulating the sockets so you can
see whether the basic stuff is working
- Then try a simple-threading tcp-server without resources
- Then try a multi-threading server
- At last, try take a look at the MAC-port and try to port the real thing

Karsten

·····························@typhoon.we.rr.com...

From: Marco Antoniotti
"Karsten Poeck" <······@terra.es> writes:

> Hello,
>
> As a first suggestion, I think there is allergroserve port by Chris D. for
> Corman, might be way easier to use this.
>
> Regarding cl-http
> If you look at the load-files for the different platforms it is pretty easy
> to see what is platform-dependent and what is not.
> in the ACL port it is mainly the file unix.lisp
>
> Regarding porting the platform dependent part, I recommend the following:
> - Ignore the defsystem stuff, do simple loads

Are you referring to the CL-HTTP defsystem or MK:DEFSYSTEM?  In the
last case maybe something can be done about it.

Cheers

719 Broadway 12th Floor                 fax  +1 - 212 - 995 4122
                    "Hello New York! We'll do what we can!"
                           Bill Murray in `Ghostbusters'.