From: Dusan Kanduc
Subject: DWG file cleanup
Hi all,

I have developed some HVAC AutoLisp routines for drawing air ducts and
pipelines.
Usualy, client uses my routines for constructing air ducts in drawing, which
he receives from architect.

It happened that my routines behaved in very strange way if used in
architect's Autocad 14 or 2000 drawings. If the routines were used in newly
opened "clean" file everything worked just fine, but in architest's drawing
they begun to behave very strange.

I have purged the file but after that I still had some unused blocks in it.
Then I have exploded all entites and copied them to new layer and deleted
all unused layers.

Still no succes.

Then I have exported the needed objects as a block and inserted this block
in a "fresh" drawing.
That hepled a lot, but I ahve still had one unused block, which I couldn't
delete or purge.

Also, a client used my routines in a drawing which was created with ArchiCad
and exported to AutoCad14. It happened that my routines couldn't recognise a
simple line...
I had to export the file to ACAD12 format and reimported it to ACAD14.

Have you encountered such problems and do you konow of any better and more
elegant way to "clean up" a DWG file?

Best regards

Dusan