From: Marco Antoniotti
Subject: LispWorks/Windows: how do you execute a program?
I.e. is there something like

	RUN-PROGRAM

Cheers

719 Broadway 12th Floor                 fax  +1 - 212 - 995 4122
                    "Hello New York! We'll do what we can!"
                           Bill Murray in `Ghostbusters'.

From: Dr. Edmund Weitz
Subject: Re: LispWorks/Windows: how do you execute a program?
Marco Antoniotti <·······@cs.nyu.edu> writes:

> I.e. is there something like
>
> 	RUN-PROGRAM
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> Marco Antoniotti ========================================================
> NYU Courant Bioinformatics Group        tel. +1 - 212 - 998 3488
> 719 Broadway 12th Floor                 fax  +1 - 212 - 995 4122
> New York, NY 10003, USA                 http://bioinformatics.cat.nyu.edu
>                     "Hello New York! We'll do what we can!"
>                            Bill Murray in `Ghostbusters'.

I don't know much about Windows but maybe this entry from the Xanalys
knowledgebase might help:

<http://www1.xanalys.com/support/lisp/kbase.ns4/51fe6e1cdfe748a180256639005a2ba9/684307783d6f15a18525670f00014203!OpenDocument>

Good luck,
Edi.
From: Christopher Stacy
 Marco Antoniotti>> I.e. is there something like RUN-PROGRAM

 Edmund> maybe this entry from the Xanalys knowledgebase might help:
 Edmund> <http://www1.xanalys.com/support/lisp/kbase.ns4/51fe6e1cdfe748a180256639005a2ba9/684307783d6f15a18525670f00014203!OpenDocument>

The above page from Xanalys says to call WIN32::OPEN-PIPE.
It says it's for LWW 4.1, but I couldn't find that function
in the corresponding LWW 4.1 documentation.

However, in the Lispworks 4.1 for Unix, some different functions are
documented for this purpose: SYSTEM:OPEN-PIPE, SYSTEM:CALL-SYSTEM,
and SYSTEM:CALL-SYSTEM-SHOWING-OUTPUT.
These functions seem to work under LWW, too.

Under Windows, there is also the unadvertised WIN32::SHELL-EXECUTE.

I'm not sure which one would be the best choice.
From: Clive Tong
Christopher Stacy <······@spacy.Boston.MA.US> writes:

> However, in the Lispworks 4.1 for Unix, some different functions are
> documented for this purpose: SYSTEM:OPEN-PIPE, SYSTEM:CALL-SYSTEM,
> and SYSTEM:CALL-SYSTEM-SHOWING-OUTPUT.
> These functions seem to work under LWW, too.

Some of this is covered in

http://www1.xanalys.com/support/lisp/kbase.ns4/51fe6e1cdfe748a180256639005a2ba9/308b9d683924c6c7802568a3005ebb5c!OpenDocument

From: Jose Carlos Senciales
Marco Antoniotti wrote:

> I.e. is there something like
>
>         RUN-PROGRAM
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> Marco Antoniotti ========================================================
> NYU Courant Bioinformatics Group        tel. +1 - 212 - 998 3488
> 719 Broadway 12th Floor                 fax  +1 - 212 - 995 4122
> New York, NY 10003, USA                 http://bioinformatics.cat.nyu.edu
>                     "Hello New York! We'll do what we can!"
>                            Bill Murray in `Ghostbusters'.

you can use a command like this in harlequin.

(hqn-web::shell-open-command "d:\\users\\senciales\\radares1.pdf")

it'll open the acrobat reader and it�ll load the file
d:\\users\\senciales\\radares1.pdf.
if you have linked this type of file to acrobat reader.

i hope this help you.
--
Jos� Carlos Senciales Chaves.