From: pj
Subject: Is there a LispWorks  FLI file available for native Win32 api ?
Hello people,

I am learning to use Lispworks win32 trial version. I saw the
documentation on how to write Foreign language interface to C
functions.

Before I go start rolling my own, I was wondering if such an interface
file already exists for native Win32 api?

Appreciate your time.
cheers
pj

From: Wade Humeniuk
> Before I go start rolling my own, I was wondering if such an interface
> file already exists for native Win32 api?

The simple answer is no.  The win32 package has some (but not all) Lisp
functions that correspond to the C win32 interface.  You pretty well have to
do it on your own.  I know some people that participate in the forum have
their own files.

I have an (very) incomplete one at

http://www.cadvision.com/humeniuw/winapi.lisp

Use it as you will.  Might give you some ideas how to use the FLI.

My advice is to only define what you are actually using.

Wade
From: Friedrich Dominicus
·······@hotmail.com (pj) writes:

> Hello people,
>
> I am learning to use Lispworks win32 trial version. I saw the
> documentation on how to write Foreign language interface to C
> functions.
>
> Before I go start rolling my own, I was wondering if such an interface
> file already exists for native Win32 api?
I think the CAPI stuff is build upon the win32 api. But I doubt it's
the whole one. You may check out Xanalys newest version 4.2.beta which
comes with a foreign language parser. This means you fed it a C header
file and it'll generate automatically the needes Lisp Wrappers. That's
quite a nice features IMHO ;-).

Regards
Friedrich