From: Iban
Subject: eclipse home page.
Greetings,

The Eclipse window manager can now be downloaded from Robert Strandh's
home page:

     http://dept-info.labri.fr/~strandh

specifically, a gzipped tar file of the snap shot of 2001-10-26 is
available as:

     http://dept-info.labri.fr/~strandh/eclipse-2001-10-26.tar.gz

It probably needs some work to be complete, but it is already usable.

Because I still use a number of CMUCL features, I recommend you use
Eclipse with the Debian packages created by Peter Van Eynde.
(otherwise you need the hemlock extension to be loaded)

I don't know whether Peter corrected a bug in his new CLX package.
This fix is needed by Eclipse.  Therefore, if CMUCL gives a sigsev
violation when running Eclipse, I need to supply you with a patch for
CLX.  You can find that patch on the Web page.

Please, send some feed back.
Regards,
Iban.
From: John Paul Wallington
Subject: Re: eclipse home page.
········@yahoo.fr wrote:

> The Eclipse window manager can now be downloaded from Robert
> Strandh's home page:
[...]
> It probably needs some work to be complete, but it is already
> usable.
[...]
> Please, send some feed back.

It's froody.  Builds and works on:

CMU Common Lisp release x86-linux 2.4.19  8 February 2000 build 455,
running on bundalo

Loaded subsystems:
    Python 1.0, target Intel x86
    CLOS based on PCL version:  September 16 92 PCL (f)
    CLX X Library MIT R5.02
    Motif toolkit and graphical debugger 1.0
    Hemlock 3.5
    Defsystem Mar 13 1995

--
John Paul Wallington