From: clio
Subject: Question about Common Lisp grammar
Hi,
I am working on building a compiler for Common Lisp. Where do I can find
     the official description of syntax rules of Common Lisp?

Thank you for your help!

clio

From: Kent M Pitman
Subject: Re: Question about Common Lisp grammar
clio <·······@auburn.edu> writes:

> I am working on building a compiler for Common Lisp. Where do I can find
> the official description of syntax rules of Common Lisp?
>
> Thank you for your help!

You shouldn't be doing anything that complicated without reading the
actual specification pretty thoroughly--at least the first few chapters.

You can peruse it at the Xanalys site by going to:

http://www.xanalys.com/software_tools/reference/HyperSpec/FrontMatter/

but if you're going to make heavy use, as it sounds like you will, you
can download your own copy from

http://www.xanalys.com/software_tools/reference/HyperSpec/
From: clio
Thanks,