From: Paulo J. Matos aka PDestroy
Subject: Urgent need for a profiler
Hi,
I'm in an urgent need for a simple Lisp Profiler.
I'm using CLisp and Emacs and I need a profiler since my project is a
bit slow and I can't figure out where...
Can anybody help???
I've checked alu.org but there are no profilers there that suit me.
Maybe CMU CL but I'm in Windows with Clisp and Emacs as told above.

Please advice...

Best regards,
--
+------------------Paulo J. Matos aka PDestroy--------------------+
|  ICQ # 361853  |  http://www.pdestroy.net | ········@netcabo.pt |

If you're going through hell, keep going.
           - Churchill, Sir Winston

From: Christophe Rhodes
Subject: Re: Urgent need for a profiler
"Paulo J. Matos aka PDestroy" <········@netcabo.pt> writes:

> Hi,
> I'm in an urgent need for a simple Lisp Profiler.
> I'm using CLisp and Emacs and I need a profiler since my project is a
> bit slow and I can't figure out where...
> Can anybody help???

Have you checked metering from CLOCC? I'm not sure that it runs on
clisp and windows, but it stands a decent chance, I guess.
<URL:http://clocc.sourceforge.net/>. If not, I'm afraid I can't help.

Cheers,

Christophe
--
Jesus College, Cambridge, CB5 8BL                           +44 1223 524 842
http://www-jcsu.jesus.cam.ac.uk/~csr21/                  (defun pling-dollar
From: Peder O. Klingenberg
"Paulo J. Matos aka PDestroy" <········@netcabo.pt> writes:

> Hi,
> I'm in an urgent need for a simple Lisp Profiler.

There is a simple profiler discussed in Paradigms of AI Programming by
Norvig.  The source code for the examples in the book are available on
the web at <http://www.norvig.com/paip.html>.  I haven't looked to see
if the profiler is included in the code supplied there.

...Peder...
--
This must be Thursday.  I never could get the hang of Thursdays.