From: Michael Tuchman
Subject: Commercial Uses of Lisp (call for Volunteers)
To the Lisp Community:
You may be familiar with the web page dedicated to commercial uses of
lisp at the ALU (www.lisp.org/table/commercial-use.html).  If so, you
may also notice that it is hopelessly out of date, and that many people
who have requested their company be added have had their requests
shelved for days.

Well, since I am the one responsible for editing this page, I might as
well come clean and say that it is more likely to get done in a
reasonable time period if somebody else does it.  Despite good
intentions, a year has passed with nothing done, and that indicates that
perhaps other forces are at work here.

I am not in a point of my life where I can give this project a high
priority, and the community deserves somebody with more energy and
enthusiasm than I do. Although I have great affection for lisp, I have a
job search to take care of and kids to look after.  (One might think
that being between jobs gives one plenty of time, but this is not
necessarily true.  I feel pleased with myself that I have managed to get
my crippled system walking again).

Until somebody steps forward then, I will do what I can to keep the page
in reasonable shape.

Paolo Amoroso kindly produced three pages of recent data on companies
using lisp.  I can send these to you if you wish to build on the
existing page.

Michael Tuchman
···@mindspring.com

From: Deepak Goel
Subject: Re: Commercial Uses of Lisp (call for Volunteers)
Michael Tuchman <·········@alum.mit.edu> writes:

> To the Lisp Community:
> You may be familiar with the web page dedicated to commercial uses of
> lisp at the ALU (www.lisp.org/table/commercial-use.html).  If so, you
> may also notice that it is hopelessly out of date, and that many people
> who have requested their company be added have had their requests
> shelved for days.

hello Michael

i think i will be glad to volunteer some time to look after that
page..

just let me know how to proceed.

--Deepak, http://www.glue.umd.edu/~deego
From: Deepak Goel
From: Paolo Amoroso
On 30 May 2001 00:30:25 -0400, Deepak Goel <·····@rac1.wam.umd.edu> wrote:

> oops, i meant to send this to Mr. Tuchman and not post it, sorry for
>  that..

I think most of us probably don't mind: it's good to know that someone is
willing to take care of that page at the ALU site.

Paolo
From: Deepak Goel
Mr. Tuchman

when i tried to email you directly, mit's spam-filter 'rejected this
transaction' because it says it thinks the domain name wam.umd.edu
does not exist.

--Deepak, http://www.glue.umd.edu/~deego
From: Jens Grabarske
Hi!