From: Sunil Mishra
Subject: Announcement: XMLP 0.1.2 released
XMLP, the Common Lisp XML processing package, has been released at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lsp. New in the current release are:

* A complete rewrite of the expat parser bindings, fixing some
outstanding bugs and merging the ACL and Lispworks code.

* Support for ACL6, though at the cost of breaking ACL5 support. The
fixes should be easy, requiring support for ACL5 style foreign strings.
I will be more than happy to provide details to anyone that volunteers
to fix this problem.

* Resilience in multiprocessing.

I have also done some very preliminary benchmarking, though I haven't
attempted comparisons with other lisp implementations. Hamlet in XML
(about 270KB) parses in 1.7-1.8 seconds on ACL6, and on Lispworks it
takes anywhere from 2.6 to 5.2 seconds, depending on GC behavior.
Lispworks' FLI produces immense quantities of garbage. The test machine
has Redhat 7 running on a 733MHz PIII with 256MB RAM. I have done little
performance tuning on the Lisp side of the parser.

I have also set up mailing lists at the project page, so sign up if you
are a user or developer.

Sunil