From: David Bakhash
Subject: Java help: sexpression parser
Hi,

I've tried searching the Web, but I'd like some information on
sexpression parser implementations in Java.  I'd like to try to use
one of them.  I'm hoping that people out there who have been forced to
use Java have tried some of these out, or even written some.  If so,
please let me know.  I can't seem to find any that are:

 o written and documented in English
 o have nice interfaces
 o I can find the download page

thanks,
dave
From: Duncan Harvey
Subject: Re: Java help: sexpression parser
David Bakhash <·····@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> I've tried searching the Web, but I'd like some information on sexpression
> parser implementations in Java.

A while ago I bookmarked this:

"If You Cross Lisp And Java, Do You Get Lava?
 David Detlefs"
  <URL:http://www.performancecomputing.com/columns/java/9903.shtml>

It seems to have moved to:
  <URL:http://www.unixreview.com/articles/1999/9903/9903ja/ja.htm>

I can't recall how I came across it, probably via this newsgroup.

I haven't used it or read the article in depth so I don't know whether
or not it meets your stated criteria:

> I can't seem to find any that are:
>
>  o written and documented in English
>  o have nice interfaces
>  o I can find the download page

But it /was/ about parsing s-expressions, ISTR.

Happy hunting!

--
Duncan Harvey
"Smiling and waving. Before letting himself fall."