From: Deepak Goel
Subject: ilisp/fi ----  M-x to run functions...
I have tried out both ilisp and franz's fi: for running common-lisp
through emacs, but didn't find any way to run a
(interactively-declared, somehow) common-lisp function by just typing
something like M-x <common-lisp-function>, viz. the way you
interactively run emacs' functions..

Any hints on any work/package (or is it already there in ilisp
etc. and i missed it? )  that allows you to do such a thing?

Thanks

--Deepak, http://www.glue.umd.edu/~deego
From: Marco Antoniotti
Subject: Re: ilisp/fi ----  M-x to run functions...
Deepak Goel <·····@rac2.wam.umd.edu> writes:

> I have tried out both ilisp and franz's fi: for running common-lisp
> through emacs, but didn't find any way to run a
> (interactively-declared, somehow) common-lisp function by just typing
> something like M-x <common-lisp-function>, viz. the way you
> interactively run emacs' functions..
>
> Any hints on any work/package (or is it already there in ilisp
> etc. and i missed it? )  that allows you to do such a thing?

It is'n there, but it is certainly doable.  I wonder how you'd use it
though.

Cheers

719 Broadway 12th Floor                 fax  +1 - 212 - 995 4122
                    "Hello New York! We'll do what we can!"
                           Bill Murray in `Ghostbusters'.