From: ··········@questions.com
Subject: Lisp cookbook?
I would like to find a book that has hundreds of short Common Lisp programs
in it, with more than one version of each, with comments about the advantages
and disadvantages of the different versions.  The book should have a good
index to easily find a particular program.

And/or I would like to find a downloadable collection of Lisp code consisting
of a lot of short programs which were written by Lisp experts and are easy to
read and understand.

And/or any other such resources to help a newbie learn faster.  (Not a
programming newbie, just a Lisp newbie.)

From: mikel evins
Subject: Re: Lisp cookbook?
Peter Norvig, _Paradigms of Artificial Intelligence Programming_ (don't be
fooled; it's not just AI code).

·······································@4ax.com...

From: Paolo Amoroso
On Sat, 19 May 2001 11:10:47 GMT, ··········@questions.com wrote:

> And/or any other such resources to help a newbie learn faster.  (Not a
> programming newbie, just a Lisp newbie.)

See:

  ALU - Association of Lisp Users
  http://www.alu.org/

  Basic Lisp Techniques
  http://www.franz.com/resources/educational_resources/cooper.book.pdf

  CLiki
  http://ww.telent.net/cliki

  Common Lisp: A Gentle Introduction to Symbolic Computation
  http://www.cs.cmu.edu:80/afs/cs.cmu.edu/user/dst/www/LispBook/index.html

  Successful Lisp
  http://psg.com/~dlamkins/sl/contents.html

Paolo