From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: multithreaded lisp?
Are there any working lisp implementations with multithread support
out there?  Any docs on how they work?  Excuse my ignorance.

From: ···············@solibri.com
Subject: Re: multithreaded lisp?
Simon Josefsson <·····@josefsson.org> writes:

> Are there any working lisp implementations with multithread support
> out there?  Any docs on how they work?  Excuse my ignorance.

Offhand at least Franz, Xanalys and Symbolics come to mind; I don't
remember the status of the free ones.

See for example www.franz.com for on-line documentation of one
implementation.

From: Eugene Zaikonnikov
* "Simon" == Simon Josefsson <·····@josefsson.org> writes:

Simon>  Are there any working lisp implementations with multithread
Simon>  support out there?  Any docs on how they work?

CMUCL on x86 platform supports threads, based on CLIM multiprocessing
facilities. The doc can be found at
http://www.xanalys.com/software_tools/reference/lwu41/climuser/GUID_335.HTM#HEADING335-0
CMUCL is in public domain (www.cons.org/cmucl).
The implementations of two major commercial vendors, Xanalys
(www.xanalys.com) and Franz (www.franz.com) can do threads on a
variety of platforms.

--
  Eugene
From: Jochen Schmidt
Simon Josefsson wrote:

> Are there any working lisp implementations with multithread support
> out there?  Any docs on how they work?  Excuse my ignorance.

Most Lisp-Systems have multithread support. At least all commercial ones I
know of:

- Xanalys' Lispworks
- Franz' AllegroCL
- Digitools MCL
- Symbolics CL
- CormanLisp

From the free ones CMUCL for x86 (under FreeBSD and Linux) supports
MT - CLISP and CMUCL for non-x86 doesn't support it.

Regards,
Jochen