From: Greg Menke
Subject: Lispworks multiprocessing
Its quite nifty, I've 5 routines grinding away now, in addition to
cl-http.  Lisp makes writing html fun... :) I find I agree with the
oft stated virtue of Lisp where the run/crash/debug and development
phases all operate in the same language space.  Coming from C/C++ as I
do, it wasn't an obvious advantage until I started trying to make use
of it.  Thanks to everyone who helped (and help) to make such a neat
language.

wrt lispworks multiprocessing,

The docs didn't make this clear, or maybe I missed it, but to what
degree are symbols and objects "thread-safe"?

My assumption is update operations from multiple processes on a given
object are not sequenced in any predefined way, but each update
operation is guaranteed to complete before the next can begin;
meaning, the value of an object is always valid, even if its not what
was expected (or desired).

Thanks,

Greg Menke